2021 Kia K5 Available Driver Assist Technology Features
This year we learned that the Kia Optima was going to be rebranded into a sportier version called the Kia K5. Now that we’ve been able to see it in several dealerships, we want to learn more about this model. In a previous blog, we covered the performance of this sedan. Today, we will be looking at the available driver assist technology features of the 2021 Kia K5. Read on to see how these features keep you safe.
Safety Technology Designed to Help You Feel Confident on the Road
- Smart Cruise Control with Highway Driving Assist. This feature will maintain the pre-set speed and make small adjustment keep a safe following distance from the vehicle ahead. Highway Driving Assist will control steering, acceleration, and deceleration where speed limit information is available.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist. This system will detect potential collisions and apply the brakes if no action is taken by the driver.
- Junction Turning Accident Avoidance. Using a front camera and radar, this vehicle will detect vehicle when you are turning at intersections to help avoid collision.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist. As you back up, this feature will scan for approaching vehicles. If one is detected, it will send out a warning and apply the brakes if necessary.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist-Rear. This feature will detect and warn you of vehicles that are in your blind spots. If you try to change lanes while a vehicle is in a blind spot, it will apply the brakes to avoid collision.
- Safe Exit Assist. When getting out of the K5, this feature will warn passengers of oncoming vehicles to avoid them opening the door. It will also override attempts to turn off Electronic Child Safety Lock until it’s safe to exit for rear seat passengers.
Read more: What Engine Powers the 2021 Kia K5?